As one grows older its body goes through a lot of changes.
A weakening in weight and bone density leads to muscle exhaustion and joint ache. It’s common for elderly to experience a degree of apprehension and fear before an exercise.
There is good news. Seniors can remain physically active and lead happy, healthy and productive lives with the help of physical therapy at Pro Therapy Services in Oklahoma, OK.
Start your training exercises in a well-ordered setting under an observation of a trained physical therapist at Pro Therapy Services in Oklahoma, OK. This will go a long way in improving the quality of life.
Although there are physical limitations associated with aging, the human body can always respond, adapt and grow stronger as long as it is challenged.
Physical activity combined with healthy nutrition is important to maintain health and vitality for older individuals.
A physical therapist in Oklahoma, OK, can design an exercise program to help seniors deal with some of the consequences associated with aging, which includes:
- Increased risk of falls – fall can occur due to a loss of the body’s ability to maintain balance, posture, and equilibrium. A physical therapist can create an exercise program to improve muscle tone, strength, joint movement, and balance.
- Pain and distress – Wear and tear on joints can result in osteoarthritis. This leads to joint pain and swelling, which can restrict movement. Physical therapy in Oklahoma, OK, includes a variety of treatment options including hot and cold remedies, massages, and range of motion exercises. Splints and custom made orthotic devices can also help.
- The incidence of strokes – A stroke can significantly impact their quality of life. Mobility, speech, memory, and vision can be affected. An exercise program to improve mobility and independence is an essential component of stroke prevention and treatment.
- The onset of Alzheimer’s disease – This is an irreversible condition that can be associated with old age. It gets progressively worse once it starts. Physical therapists at Pro Therapy Services in Oklahoma, OK, can help maintain the patient’s quality of life by providing exercises for maintaining strength and mobility.
- Osteoporosis – This is a disorder described by thinning bones that become fragile and prone to breakages. Physical therapy in Oklahoma, OK, recommended weight training to growth bone density and develop muscle strength are a keystone of prevention.
- Urinary incontinence – This is a rather embarrassing problem that may be associated with aging. Physical therapists at Pro Therapy Services in Oklahoma, OK, can help by providing bladder training exercises that can help treat this issue.
Physical Therapy is an Investment
No one can escape the consequences of aging. However, every single person can plan ahead and maintain strength and mobility to age gracefully.
The best way to stay active and healthy is to challenge the bones, joints, and muscles in a controlled, progressive manner.
That’s why physical therapy is crucial for individuals of all ages, especially seniors.
Remain confident, and ask your physical therapist at Pro Therapy Services in Oklahoma, OK, about the right and the wrong way to exercise.
Challenge your body in a safe, yet progressive manner. Instead of saying “Will this hurt me?” you should be asking yourself “How can I do this safely and how can I remain active?”
While physical therapy cannot reverse aging, it can certainly help you age gracefully, and live a happy, healthy and productive life as the years go by.
Call our office today to schedule an evaluation.
Physical therapy at Pro Therapy Services in Oklahoma, OK, can offer you a range of exercises and other treatment options to keep your mind and body feeling younger than you may realize.
We look forward to serving you.